The following PhD positions are planned:
"fs-transient Raman spectroscopy of photoreceptors"
"local THz spectroscopy of oligonucleotides"
"NLO signal theory of stimulated Raman scattering"
We invite all qualified and dedicated individuals to send their applications with the usual documents (curriculum vitae, list of publications, references, certificates/copies) to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We try to observe the function of molecular chromophors in biopolymers on an ultrafast time scale, i.e. while molecular or intermolecular vibrations are still in phase. Three lines of research are being pushed:
photoreceptors, signal transduction, diagnostics
A is headed by Dr. Mahrwald, B by Dr. Mügge in cooperation with Prof. Ernsting, and C by Dr. Kovalenko
You would work in one of the connected fields A,B,C depending on your interests. Ongoing dissertations are:
- Synthesis of fluorescent nucleobases for optical charge-transfer excitation
- NMR solution structure of labelled oligonucleotides
- Local THz spectroscopy using the time-dependent dynamic Stokes shift of Fluorescence
- Femtosecond stimulated Raman scattering spectroscopy of bioplogical photoreceptors
- fs- time resolved Polarisation spectroscopy
- Signal theory for stimulated Raman spectroscopy on electronically excited molecules