We are pleased to announce the Joint International
Symposium „Activation of Small Molecules - Gas Phase Clusters,
Molecular Catalysts, Enzymes and Solid Materials“ organised
by the Collaborative Research Center 546 (CRC546) and the Cluster
of Excellence UniCat of the German Research Foundation.
In 2011 the CRC
546 "Structure, Dynamics and Reactivity of Transition Metal
Oxides" will reach the end of its 12 year funding
period. On this occasion we will report results and discuss
them with colleagues from all-over the world. At the same time,
we will use opportunity to present results obtained within the
cluster of excellence "Unifying
Concepts in Catalysis", notably within research areas
"Bridging the materials Gap in Complex Catalysis"
and "Complex Reaction Engineering".
Among others the following aspects will be high-lighted
- Unifying concepts of homogeneous, heterogeneous and enzymatic
- Experimental and computational studies on model catalysis,
gas phase clusters and thin films in UHV
- Biomimetic and bio-inspired models for enzymes
- Materials design and synthesis for catalysis
- Detailed studies on complex reactions such as oxidative dehydrogenation
and oxidative coupling
The program includes 10 invited talks by leading
scientists of the field, 2 overview lectures by the spokesperson
of the CRC546 and the chair of UniCat, 14 lectures by members
of the CRC546/UniCat and Poster sessions in the evenings.